Flash Develop 3.1.0 RTM
The new relase of Flash Develop 3.1.0 RTM is out now it comes as a a major feature release, with new things like refactoring and multiproject support,Flash Player 10.1 and Flex 4 support added and Real MXML completion implemented, full list below:
List of Changes
* Real MXML completion implemented
* Flash Player 10.1 and Flex 4 support added
* Initial simple refactoring support added
* Global excluded directories added to Tasks
* Embed generation now added for all filetypes
* Proper file encoding behaviour without BOM added
* HTML ZenCoding implementation added (Control + B)
* Output panel is now searchable (Highlight, F3 and Shift+F3)
* Simple multiproject support with batch compiling added (1*)
* Compiler constants and timestamp added now automaticly
* Code completion is now fed with classes from SDK sources
* Japanese localization added (Settings -> SelectedLocale)
* HaXe on demand completion added (patch from filt3r)
* Additional keyword groups added to the config
* Code completion improvements and bug fixes
* General UI improvements and bug fixes
1*= Right click a project file or project node if you have multiple projects present [sample here]
* Get the debug Flash Player (You need: Projector and ActiveX)
* Get Adobe Flex SDK. The free Flex SDK (2, 3 or 4) is required for ActionScript 3 development if you don’t use Flash CS*.
* Java 1.6+ is required for the Flex compiler (ActionScript 3).
Built from rev. 1000 [Updated from 999 to hide the incomplete profiler :]
Download FlashDevelop 3.1.0 RTM
Adobe Flash Builder 4 has been released and with it the Flex 4 framework some of the features listed below:
Powerful coding tools ENHANCED
Develop using a powerful Eclipse™ based IDE that includes editors for MXML, the ActionScript® language, and CSS, as well as syntax coloring, statement completion, code collapse, interactive step-through debugging, and automatic generation of common code.
Rich visual layout ENHANCED
Visually design and preview user interface layout, appearance, and behavior using a rich library of built-in components. Extend the built-in Flex framework components or create new ones as needed. Import functional application UI created using the Adobe Flash Catalyst™ interaction design tool.
Data-centric development NEW
Introspect Java™, PHP, Adobe ColdFusion®, REST, and SOAP services to display methods and properties in the new Data/Service Explorer. Bind methods to UI components using a simple drag-and-drop approach.
Interactive data visualization ENHANCED
Create data dashboards and interactive data analysis by simply dragging and dropping a chart type and linking it to a data source using the Flex Charting library. Use the powerful Advanced Datagrid to enable users to explore complex data.
Skinning and styling ENHANCED
Customize the appearance of an application using CSS and graphical property editors. Quickly set the most commonly used properties and preview the results in Design View. Browse available themes and apply them to your project using the new Theme Browser.
Integration with Adobe Creative Suite design toolsENHANCED
Import design assets created using Adobe Flash Professional, Illustrator®, Photoshop®, or Fireworks® software, or import a complete application user interface created using Flash Catalyst. A new workflow between Flash Professional and Flash Builder facilitates importing and updating custom Flex components.
Native support for Adobe AIR
Create applications for the Adobe AIR® runtime with Flash Builder 4, including all the tools required to build, debug, package, and sign AIR applications. Adobe AIR lets you quickly develop RIAs for the desktop using the same skills and codebase you use to build RIAs for the browser.
Code refactoring ENHANCED
Quickly navigate through code or restructure it by renaming all references to a class, method, or variable. Flash Builder 4 adds move refactoring.
Powerful testing tools ENHANCED (Premium edition only)
Accelerate application performance using memory and performance profilers that monitor and analyze memory consumption and CPU cycles. Support for automated functional testing tools such as HP QuickTest Professional is also available.
Network Monitor NEW (Premium edition only)
Generate a detailed audit trail of all data passed between the local Flex application and the back end, assisting with debugging and performance tuning.
Advanced data services ENHANCED
Use open source BlazeDS to add binary, high-performance, HTTP-based data transport, or add the Adobe LiveCycle® Data Services ES2 module for real-time data push and pub/sub messaging.
Command line build NEW (Premium edition only)
Use the new command line build capability to automate your build process.
Flex unit testing integration NEW (Premium edition only)
Automate functional testing using the Flex unit testing framework.
ASDoc support NEW
Display comments in MXML and ActionScript editors using ASDoc.
More info at :
Adobe’s official Flash Builder 4 Product Page
The Official Flex Team Blog post