Adobe has released the Adobe AIR 1.1 Update, so what does this update have for us ?
The Adobe AIR 1.1 includes the following new capabilities:
• Installation and other runtime dialog boxes have been translated into:
• Brazilian Portuguese
• Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
• Support for building internationalized applications, including keyboard input for double-byte languages
• Support for localizing the name and description attributes in the application descriptor file
• Support for localizing error messages, such as SQLError.detailID and SQLError.detailArguments, in the SQLite database
• Addition of Capabilities.languages property to obtain an array of preferred UI languages as set by the operating system
• HTML button labels and default menus, such as context menus and the Mac menu bar, have been localized to all supported languages
• Support for certificate migration from a self-signed application to one that chains to a certificate of authority (CA)
• Support for Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and support for 64-bit editions of Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise.
• Addition of File.spaceAvailable : API to obtain the amount of disk space available on a disk
• Addition of NativeWindow.supportsTransparency property to determine whether a window can be drawn as transparent by the current operating system
• Bug fixes and memory improvements.
Here’s a list of some of the things you can get to start playing with AIR 1.1:
Adobe AIR 1.1 first of all you’ll need the runtime download it here.
If you’re working with Flash CS3 Professional here are the instructions and download links to get your copy of Flash up to date with the new AIR.
if you’re working with Flex 3 go here and wait for the Adobe Flex SDK 3.0.2 stable build, according to Matt Chotin this update will be available this afternoon they’re just giving it the final touches.
And the AIR SDK can be found here.
Until next time Happy Coding !!!