Adobe Labs has released a Developer Edition of the Flash Lite Player Version 3, the next version of the player for the mobile market, with new video and dynamic content capabilities. The first shipping devices with Flash Lite 3 pre-installed will be Nokia S60 models and will be available in Q1 2008.
Here’s the info from Adobe Labs:
The Flash Lite 3 Developer Edition is a standalone player for supported mobile phones to allow developers to test their Flash Lite 3 applications before commercial devices start shipping with the full version of Flash Lite 3 pre-installed. This installer only supports standalone content and cannot be used to view SWF files that are embedded in a mobile web browser or to test any type of personalization content such as wallpapers or screensavers.
Important: This player is meant only for developers and not for consumers. It is not authorized for commercial distribution and cannot be distributed to consumers or bundled with any Flash Lite content.
Visit Adobe Labs Flash Lite 3 Developer Edition, for download and more information.
This morning reading my feeds I found a great Library for AS3 posted by Zeh, the Bulk Loader kit nicely written by Authur Debert it’s meant to make complex loading easy freeing you from the Loading and letting you concentrate on other parts of your project.
The project is released under the MIT Licence
Ryan Christensen posted an example of how to use it at his blog [draw.logic]
Be sure to check the project at google code
Here’s a little summary of what it does as found on the Project :
* Connection pooling.
* Unified interface for different loading types.
* Unified progress notification.
* Events for individual items and as groups.
* Stop and resuming individually as well as in bulk.
* Cache managing.
* Statistics about loading (latency, speed, average speed).
* Multiple kinds on progress indication: ratio (items loaded / items to load), bytes , and weighted percentage.
* Multiple number of retries.
* Configurable logging.
* Minimal imports.
* Few method to learn.
* Dynamic nature: items can be added by specifying a url as a String or a URLRequest .
* Items can be assigned an identifier key to be used on retrival.
* Only one class to learn / use.
BulkLoader tries to gracefully handle progress notification in these use cases:
* Few connections to open: bytes total can be used instantly.
* Many connections opened: progress by ratio
* Many connections opened for data of widely varying sizes: progress by weight.
Download the Bulk Loader here
Test it Yourself and Happy Coding !!!